Saturday, September 12, 2015

Farmer's Market, Meal Prep, & Sweet Sweat Product Review

Hello cupcakes!

This morning my roommates and I went to our local farmers' market. It was the first time I have been to this one and it was absolutely amazing. Every vendor was so friendly and helpful. I love the concept and I love purchasing to support local farmers. I know that the produce I get hasn't been sprayed with a bunch of nasty chemicals and they are fresh! Here is what I got: green peppers, red onion, finger potatoes, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and not pictured are honey crisp apples.
Here is a picture from the Farmers' market. It was a beautiful fall day today. I love wearing sweatshirts! I also cannot wait until the leaves begin to change colors. 
Close to the Farmers' market was a memorial. Of course I had to take a beautiful panoramic photo. 
One of my roommates and I went straight to the gym after the Farmers' market. When I got home it was meal prep time. I decided to make some chicken pepper nachos. Here is the recipe:

Chicken Pepper Nachos:
-1 can (1 lb) of chicken breast- I like to buy the one that has only chicken breast and sea salt in the ingredient list. 
-cherry tomatoes
-1/2 a red onion, chopped
-2 garlic cloves, minced (I used my garlic press)
-5 green peppers
-mashed avocados to top the peppers

Directions
Mix the canned chicken, garlic, and onion all together in a large bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes and mash with a fork. Stir everything together. Cut the green peppers into little boats and pile on the chicken mixture. Bake in an oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Top with mashed avocado or homemade guacamole. 

I also made some oven garlic potatoes. 

Ingredients:
-finger potatoes, cut into thin slices
-2-4 garlic cloves pressed with a garlic press
-1/2 red onion, chopped
-3 T coconut oil, melted
-a few dashes of pink Himalayan salt

Directions
Mix everything in a large bowl and dump onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Cover with another piece of foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. 

I cooked up some lean ground turkey that I will eat with these potatoes. I will also have 2-3 T of homemade guac with this meal. 

I made some eggs for my breakfasts. Each portion was 1 egg to 1/2 c egg whites. I topped them with hot sauce and a spoonful of guac. I will also have an apple with breakfast and my homemade cold brew coffee with homemade almond milk. 

I prepped some hard boiled eggs for a snack and I will have my Go Raw snacks as well. 

I recently purchased some Sweet Sweat to enhance my workouts. Here is what the stick looks like. 

All you do is rub some of the Sweet Sweat on you before your workout. Here is what the website says Sweet Sweat does:
  • Targets "Slow To Respond" Problem Areas
  • Substantially Improves Circulation and Sweating
  • Encourages Thermogenic & Muscle activity during exercise
  • Accelerates Warm-up & Recovery time
  • Fights muscle fatigue and painful injuries, such as shin splints, pulls, and strains
Here is a picture of my shirt post-workout using the Sweet Sweat. I put the stuff on my stomach and inner thighs. My shirt was drenched. I also wore a sweat shirt on top of this shirt and did the stair climber for 30 minutes and the elliptical for 30 minutes. I'm excited to see the progress after using this product for a while. **I am not affiliated with any products I post on this blog. I simply like to tell you guys about products I try and products I love!

Last night my roommates and I went out on the town. Here is a picture of some cute lights we saw downtown. 



I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I'm currently watching Disney movies on tv and attempting to read for grad school.

Later Taters xoxo

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away"

I'm a huge believer in appreciating the little things in life!

2 comments:

  1. Farmer's Markets are so awesome! I enjoy going to mine every week or so, too! I tend to get sweet potatoes, apples, and lettuce or kale. Nom nom!

    Are you still doing your giveaway?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so amazing. I need to go more often! I'm going to message you on Facebook about the giveaway.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...