Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Paleo Pancakes

Hello cupcakes!

I have a fun recipe to share with you. Is anyone else out there huge pancake and waffle fans? For some reason I think these two foods are just too fun. There are so many things you can top them with and they just always turn out so stinkin' cute. I decided to make some Paleo Pancakes using some of my favorite ingredients. 


I have used many of these products in previous blog posts, but I will list all the links here:

Nuzest Protein Powder- Vanilla {Use code: "ToriF" for 15% off}

Now a little about two new companies I haven't talked about before...

1) Essentially Coconut takes pride in not adding many ingredients to their butters. Which is hands down the best thing ever. There are no artificial ingredients used in their products. To read about Sophia's Story and how the company was created, follow this link: {Essentially Coconut's Story}. There are four different flavors to choose from: Creamy Cashew Coconut Butter, Honey Pecan Coconut Butter, Original Coconut Butter, & Sweet Almond Coconut Butter. Let me tell you... the Sweet Almond Coconut Butter is so smooth and creamy. It's also the perfect amount of sweet, meaning the sweetness is not overbearing. It worked perfectly as a topping for my pancakes. I will definitely be using this again soon!

2) Olivado has two lines of oils: The Extra Virgin Range & The Natural Range. To read about Olivado's Story & Philosophy, follow this link: {Olivado's Story}. Some things I love about this company: they come in dark glass bottles (keeps oxygen and light out to prevent oil from going rancid), cold pressed (minimal heat and no chemicals to retain key vitamins and minerals), taste & color (oils should look and taste like the fruit or vegetable they come from), stability (long shelf life), low acidity, avocado & macadamia oils can be used at high heat, many health benefits, price (good indicator of quality), & cost effective (buying oil in small quantities). Here is a list of all the oils available: natural organic omega oils, extra virgin avocado oil, extra virgin avocado lemon zest, extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin macadamia nut oil, extra virgin peanut oil, extra virgin sesame seed oil, extra virgin sweet almond oil, & extra virgin olive oil. Here are a few others in The Natural Range: Avocado oil infused with Rosemary, Avocado oil infused with Basil, Avocado oil infused with Chili, Avocado oil infused with Lemon, Natural Avocado Balsamic Dressing, High Heat Cooking Oil. I really enjoyed using the Macadamia Oil for my pancakes. It gave them a different flavor than other oils I have used in the past. I always like to switch it up and this oil made the pancakes so light and fluffy. 

Now on to the recipe. 

Ingredients: 

Pancakes:
1/4 c Arrowroot Flour
1/4 c Cassava Flour
1/4 c Coconut Flour
1/4 c Tigernut Flour
1/2 c Almond Flour
2 eggs
1-1 1/4 c water
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c Macadamia Nut oil 
1 tsp ground espresso beans

Topping:
Date Syrup
1 scoop Nuzest Vanilla Protein Powder
2 spoonfuls of Essentially Coconut Sweet Almond Coconut Butter
Bananas 
Blueberries

Directions: 

Mix dry ingredients for pancakes. 


Next, stir in the liquid ingredients for the pancakes. 


Heat a pan on medium to low heat. Spray with cooking spray or drizzle with oil of choice. Cook pancakes on each side until brown. 


While the pancakes are cooking, mix together the Nuzest protein powder and Sweet Almond Coconut Butter. I added 2 T of water to the mix. You can add more water until it reaches desired consistency. I added more than 2 T of water, but I did not measure the exact amount. You want the mixture to be able to be drizzle-able {totally made up that word I think, but you know what I mean}. 


I ended up getting 11 pancakes out of this recipe. You can top the pancakes with whatever else you would like. Here is the final product...


What are your favorite pancake toppings? 

Later Taters
"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away." 

** I am not paid by these companies, I simply like to show you some of my favorite products to use in your own life. I like to give my readers healthy food options & I would never share any product I don't fully believe in or use myself.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing from readers, so feel free to comment below xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...